Saturday, February 12, 2011

About Me

Hi!  My name is Stephanie and I teach second grade.  I absolutely adore teaching- not only is it my job, but also my passion!

I am usually the one looking at other's blogs to get the cutest and best ideas to implement in my classroom, but I have been inspired to begin my own blog!

A little bit about me...
  • This is my second year teaching. Last year I taught third, this year second grade.
  • I only have 18 kids in my class.  (What a blessing!)
  • I teach at a Catholic School.  I went to a public elementary school when I was younger, but it just feels so right to be at this school, I couldn't be happier.
  • I love teaching all subjects, but I truly enjoy teaching math to my second graders.
  • There are only two second grade teachers at my school, myself and Sam- he is the best team teacher, so helpful!
  • I adore the people I work with.
  • I graduated from the University of Utah with a Bachelor's of Science in Elementary Education.
  • I worked at my current school as a reading aide while I was working on my degree.  I taught the Words Their Way spelling program (which is amazing!)
  • I am a huge believer in small groups, centers and games. (Not a fan of generic basal lessons)
  • There are so many things I want to do in my class that I usually end up getting overwhelmed. (Story of every teacher's life?)
I look forward to posting ideas and reading more of yours!


♥Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment